This magnificent acreage garden hugs the contours of the home creating a green oasis of cool beauty. Architectural timber beams and sandstone paving and low-maintenance flowering plants give this private hilltop retreat an understated elegance. The large alfresco dining area and outdoor kitchen is designed to take full advantage of the property’s spectacular view over the surrounding rural vista.
Queensland Master Builders Award Winner 2008 – Carpentry
- Create a formal entry to the home, that guides visitors to the front door (which is positioned at the back of the entertaining area)
What we achieved:
- Designed and built a hand curved Arbour that breaks up the visual impact of the long wall of the house.
- The Arbour is planted with scented roses which shade in Summer and allows the winter sun to naturally warm the home.
- The Arbour guides visitors from the carpark area, through to the main access into the house.
- A large green field in front of the house for family cricket matches.