With the existing pool leaking more than 1000L of water per week, time was of the essence with this Swimming Pool Renovation project in Ashgrove. The sloping block and existing features presented a unique set of challenges needed to be addressed by our Brisbane-based Landscape Architects ensure ease of access and maintenance long after the project was finished.
It was important that the landscape design scheme compliment the house, and maximise the usable outdoor space for all members of the family.
- Repair and renovate the swimming pool. Including leak repair and update water line tiles, coping, paving, pool lining and new compliant pool fencing.
- Improve access to the pool area and visually improve the backyard aesthetic while complimenting the architecture of the home.
- Low maintenance planting with a focus on larger leaf plants to make pool maintenance easier.
- Include garden lighting to extend garden use and ambience at night.
What we achieved:
- A multi-level, multi-room design for the deck, lower deck, pool surrounds and back yard which allows all members of the family space to relax and enjoy.
- A stunning pool renovation that features a gabian wall pool surround that separates the swimming pool from the grassed area.
- Low maintenance planting combined with strategic light placement creates a stunning night-time effect in the garden, as well as beautiful views from the home.
- Natural stone paving links the pool to the lower deck to create a seamless transition between eating and swimming.
- An understated water feature draws the eye to the end of the pool, elongating the vista and adding the relaxing sound of trickling water to the garden.